- Microsoft has acquired 101 companies since 2005.
- Approximately 75% of these acquisitions occurred during 2005-2009.
- 20 companies were acquired in in 2006 (recent high).
- Only 4 companies were acquired in 2010 and 2011 (recent lows).
- 6 companies have been acquired in 2014 already – 5 of these acquisitions happened after Satya Nadella became CEO.
- Even tough the number of deals have been lower in recent years, Microsoft has had at least a single billion-dollar acquisition every year since 2011 in the form of Skype, Nokia, Yammer, and now Mojang.
Source: CB Insights