- The age composition of the developed economies has changed drastically since the 1950s;
- The over-60s now account for 20% of the population in the US;
- The over-60s now account for 25% of the population in the EU;
- Astonishingly, the over-60s now account for 33% of the population in Japan;
- Globally, the number of the over-60s is estimated to hit TWO (2) BILLION by 2050;
- By 2050, according to UN forecasts, those aged over 65 will outnumber children aged 5 and under, for the first time in human history.
, , ,