- Manchester United are up from 3rd in 2014 to top spot in 2015, according to Brand Finance (a leading brand valuation and strategy consultancy).
- Manchester United are the first football brand to be worth more than a $1 billion dollars.
- Bayern Munich drop to second in the rankings from a year ago.
- Despite Barcelona doing the “treble” and becoming UEFA Champions League Winners earlier this month, their brand is only the sixth most valuable in the world according to Brand Finance.
- 60% of the Top 10 Most Valuable Football brands in the world are made up of English clubs. This is mainly due to the fact that English clubs are more well known and better supported in huge markets such as India, China, North America and SE Asia.
- The other 40% is made up of 2 Spanish, 1 German and 1 French team.
- Happy to see my beloved Tottenham Hotspur complete the Top 10 🙂
Source: The Brand Finance Football 50 2015, Brand Finance.