- Total spending in the English Premier Football League transfer window for the calendar year reached £1bn for the first time in the Premier League’s history.
- Summer outlay passed £870m, 4% up on the record set last year.
- Manchester City’s total spend of approximately £160m beat the near £150m outlay of Manchester United in the summer of 2014.
- The four Premier League clubs competing in this season’s Champions League – Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal – had a combined gross transfer spend of around £340m.
- This figure represents around 40% of the aggregate gross transfer spend by all Premier League clubs.
Source: BBC Sport