Global fintech funding has slowed.
- During the past 5 years, investment to global fintechs has been around £35 billion ($50 billion), but funding to these disrupting firms is now drying up.
- In Q2 2015, the number of global fintech deals hit a peak of 169.
- In Q4 2015, global fintech funding hit its lowest level since Q3 2014 at only £1.2 billion ($1.7 billion).
Factors driving this trend include:
- Increased risk due to political and economic trends.
- Fintech has already achieved a great deal of funding and investors are now looking to see what the outcomes are before persisting with further hefty investments.