The April 2016 IoD Policy Voice survey addressed the topics of UK and Europe, and the March Budget. Below are some of the survey highlights:
- Top EU links: export services (42%), employees (39%), supply to businesses which trade with EU (34%) – see chart below.
- 58% agree access to Single Market is important for their business.
- 76% agree EU is too focused on internal debates.
- 75% agree an unreformed EU is on path to economic decline.
- 79% think cutting CGT by 8% while extending Entrepreneurs’ Relief would make business investments more attractive.
- 42% consider that the cut in corporation tax will increase foreign direct investment in the UK.
Source: April 2016 Policy Voice Survey, IoD