The May Institute of Directors (IoD) Policy Voice survey addressed the topics of energy, crowd funding, and the National Living Wage. Below are some of the survey highlights:
- 61% would be negatively affected by increase in oil prices.
- 50% would not choose to pay to have a smart meter, 0.7% are willing to pay actual costs.
- 74% want decarbonisation, 68% do not think energy is competitively priced.
- Support for: offshore wind (79%), biomass (68%), wave (88%) and fracking (56%).
- 94% heard of crowd funding, 55% considered but only 6% used it.
- Top 3 reasons to crowd fund: diversify portfolio (47%), potential returns (42%), hobby (30%) (see chart below).
- 77% have not been affected by the National Living Wage
Source: May 2016 Policy Voice Survey, IoD