The September Policy Voice survey (from the Institute of Directors, IoD) addressed the topics of taxation, public sector procurement, economic confidence, and business ethics. Below are some of the survey highlights:
- 27% would consider increasing investment if the Annual Investment Allowance were raised
- 83% find it hard to navigate the current process of tendering for UK public contracts
- 63% of public sector contract opportunities are identified by referrals
- Only 8% have tendered for a public sector contract in an EU member state in the last 12 months
- 48% are optimistic about the UK economy and 56% about their business over the next 12 months
- 3 key business concerns: UK economic conditions (45%), government regulation (40%), skills shortages (38%).
Source: September 2016 Policy Voice Survey, IoD