- Manchester United have replaced Bayern Munich as the most popular team online in China.
- Here is the Top 10, according to a new report.
- Manchester United (ENG)
- Bayern Munich (GER)
- Arsenal (ENG)
- Liverpool (ENG)
- Manchester City (ENG)
- Real Madrid (SPA)
- AC Milan (ITA)
- Tottenham Hotspur (ENG)
- Borussia Dortmund (GER)
- Barcelona FC (SPA)
- The sixth edition of the Red Card, which analyses the influence of 53 European clubs on China’s social media platforms, has Arsenal and Liverpool joint third with Manchester City fifth.
- The German Bundesliga remains the most influential league online.
- Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo is the most popular player online with Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil in second.
- Manchester United’s striker Wayne Rooney also features (4th), along with his team-mate Anthony Martial (5th).
- Real Madrid’s Welsh forward Gareth Bale is third.
- Lionel Messi is a notable absentee as the Barcelona forward does not have a social media presence in China.
Source: Mailman – Report (The sixth edition of the Red Card) prepared by Shanghai-based consultancy which looks at commercial success, engagement and social media.