Bitcoin is up more than 450% in 2017 so far. Some cryptocurrencies are up 50x in just a few months. Whether or not you understand them – or own them – they’re going to make a lot of people very, very wealthy. Why not you, too?
You owe it to yourself to learn… click here to find out more and get your #Free Bitcoin Guide — http://bit.ly/CK_Bitcoin_Guide
According to the latest report by Forbes, the NFL outfit, Dallas Cowboys, is the most valuable sports brand in the world.
1. Dallas Cowboys $4.2bn (£3.26bn) American football
2. New York Yankees $3.7bn (£2.87bn) baseball
3. Manchester United $3.69bn (£2.86bn) football
4. Barcelona $3.64bn (£2.82bn) football
5. Real Madrid $3.58bn (£2.78bn) football
6. New England Patriots $3.4bn (£2.64bn) American football
7. New York Knicks $3.3bn (£2.56bn) basketball
8. New York Giants $3.1bn (£2.4bn) American football
9. San Francisco 49ers $3bn (£2.33bn) American football
10. Los Angeles Lakers $3bn (£2.33bn) basketball
A correction is still happening in my opinion, and an uptake in both funding and deals within this sector will materialise over the next 24 – 36 months.
Since 2007, the top 75 celebrity investors by number of deals have participated in over 350 funding rounds totaling approximately $4.6B to private companies.
The year 2015 was the most active investment year on record for these celebrities, when they contributed to roughly $2B invested across 101 deals to private tech companies.
So far in 2016, we have seen celebrity investors—including actors, athletes, and musicians—participate in approximately 42 deals totaling nearly $500M.
Source: CB Insights – http://www.cbinsights.com
According to our friends at CB Insights, nearly 140 private companies working to advance AI Tech have been acquired since 2011. So far in 2016 the number of acquisitions has reached over 40. ]
The timeline map below provides an excellent oversight of acquisitions in this space by corporate giants like Google, IBM, Yahoo, Intel, Apple, and Salesforce (since January 2011 to July 2016 – inclusive).
Source: CBInsights / Economist.com
In Q3 2016, deal activity increased slightly from Q2 2016, while overall funding to the On-Demand sector (includes companies that allow users to book services or order goods in real-time, generally via mobile, and receive them same-day or soon after) has fallen significantly to a 2-year low, according to CB Insights data.
Source: Courtesy of CB Insights – sign up at http://www.cbinsights.com
We all have aspirations, whether they be personal, for family, for work, for society, and for mankind. I am no different when it comes to these aspects of my life, but for this post my focus is on (part of) my business and my passion – venture capital!
Continue reading “Most Active Corporate Venture Capital Firms. We have some way to go!”
- Medical device funding is on track to reach $3.5B in 2016, which will be a slight increase over the 2015 dollar total.
- Since 2012, the majority of funding to medical device startups has taken place in the U.S., with New Enterprise Associated (NEA) leading venture capital activity and Johnson & Johnson Innovation leading corporate investment.
- Here is an excellent infographic from CB Insights showing the medical device market map:
Euro Pacific Bank – Offshore Banking in the Caribbean | Offshore Private Banking | Pioneer in Bank Safety
Meedah Group Limited is an Authorised & Registered Partner for Euro Pacific Bank Limited. The bank was established in 2011 and is an international bank, brokerage, mutual fund, and more.
LEARN MORE & REGISTER ONLINE TODAY!
This infographic courtesy of CB Inights shows the top tech startups mapped by European country, as determined by funding totals. They include Spotify (Finland), Delivery Hero (Germany), Deliveroo (UK), Bla Bla Car (France), and Cardtek (Turkey).
Source: CB Insights